- I was born and raised in Zermatt.
- After my apprenticeship as a baker I was working for 10 years in the Bakery Fuchs, owned by my family.
- The years between the end of 1992 to the end of 1996 I spent in Whistler on Canada’s west coast.
- Back in Zermatt, I turned my passion into my profession and taught as a fully certified ski instructors for nearly 10 years during the winter season many beginners and advanced skiers in the beautiful ski area of Zermatt.
- The summer months I spent in various positions in the building industry on Zermatt’s construction sites.
- Towards the end of the last century I decided to change my occupation again and started to rent out holiday apartments to tourists on a part-time basis.
- After going back to school for some time, I took a big step, retired from ski teaching and abandoned my construction occupation and concentrated full-time on the holiday apartment business, and added the real estate brokerage to my activities.
- Grace to my childhood in Zermatt and my various professional experiences, I have a profound knowledge of Zermatt, the local real estate market, as well as our guests needs and wants very well.
- As a Zermatt local I know the right person to solve every problem or answer every question related to the local real estate market. The extend and Quality of the usable network is key in the industry.
- As owner-operator of the business I am in charge of the strategic decisions and mainly for the sales and brokerage of real estate in Zermatt and its peripherals.
Recent milestones in my life
- 2008: Member of the board of the Zermatt apartment association
- 2009: Change of residence from Zermatt to Täsch
- 2012: President of the Zermatt apartment association
- 2013: Mayor of the community of Täsch
- 2014: Marriage with Priska Schluep, my partner and work mate of many years
- 2016: Member of the board of Zermatt Tourism
- 2004 I visited Zermatt with a friend for a week of skiing and participated in ski group guided by ski instructor Mario Fuchs.
- Unerringly hit by Amor’s arrow, I moved in early 2006 to Zermatt.
- My new job in Mario’s real estate agency and rental business was a big change and challenge for me.
- After working for over 20 years at the Swiss post, I kept on working at the post offices in Zermatt, Täsch and Randa as part-time holiday substitute.
- 2013 I quit the Swiss post for good and am now mainly responsible for the rentals of the holiday apartments at Amario AG.
- My favourite leisure activities are the garden around our house in Täsch, as well as skiing and cross country skiing.
- Being born and raised in Solothurn, I have still kept my pure Solothurn dialect, even after living for more than 12 years in Wallis.
- I was born and grown up in Visp.
- After graduating from high school, I began studying law at the University of Fribourg.
- Since summer 2018 I have been continuing my studies at the Swiss Distance University.
- From August 2018 to November 2019 I worked as an accounting clerk.
- My interest in real estate has been awakened for quite some time. Since spring 2019 I have been actively using real estate as an investment. This includes renovations and rentals.
- I grew up with the mountains. Climbing and ski tours are among my hobbies.
- Since November 2019 I have been working with great pleasure at Remax Zermatt in the Valais mountains.